This procedure is offered for circumstances when we need to reship an order after a customer initially provided a bad address for the order, either through PO, web order or phone order. This will occur after a shipment is returned by UPS or if the customer realizes that they provided a bad address.
1. View the order in Personify and on Warepak website to determine the status of the shipment.
2. Review Warepak website under "Returns" to verify the product was returned to Warepak. If not, enter note in the orders "Comment" section and monitor daily until the item is returned. Inform the customer that we cannot take an order for the replacement item until we are assured that the order has been returned to Warepak. If 7 days have passed from the date the item shows as returned from UPS tracking and the item has not returned to Warepak, assign the ticket to the CC manager.
3. Review address history in demographics and for the order to determine if the address was changed recently at the customer’s request. You might want to determine if the customer changed locations but failed to contact us about the new address. If the customer says that they requested delivery to a one time shipping address for the order and that they provided the address correctly, believe them and do not charge them for shipment of the replacement comp order.
4. Place a new replacement order in Personify at the COMP rate, using the correct shipping method that the original order was placed under.
5. If you determine that the customer was at fault for placing the order with the wrong address, charge customer (manually inserted into the order) the shipping & handling fee for processing the second order (based on shipping rate schedule and the list/member price of the product), accept payment.